Friday, April 12, 2013

Waited up and sure enough around midnight--just like Cinderella--my book appeared! HAVING IT ALL by TROY STORM, Secret Cravings Publishing. Do please go the website and check it out. It's under the New Books for April carousel -- and there's a bunch of goodies there. There's also an excerpt, the very first 1003 words that, hopefully, will give you a taste of what's to come and will whet your appetite to see how Syble, Stephen and Chad's story plays out.

The final edits were painless and my editors wonderfully supportive. I'm truly excited about the book. My first in a long time. The first of four menage stories that take place around a small town called CoveHaven in the mid-Hudson valley.  Beautiful country.

Each book is independent, which turned out to be a bit more complicated that I had expected. I have all the general outlines, and intended to merely reference a peripheral character from one book to the next to loosely tie the stories together. The intention was to have four books that it didn't matter in which order your read them.

But once I got to fleshing out the stories, I wanted much more involvement between the characters and their tales and that couldn't happen without spilling the plot beans.

It would have been much easier to have written a series, beginning with one book and progressing to the next and then the next. But, not this time. Maybe next.

Maybe my readers and blog followers could help. Would you rather read a series of stories that are loosely tied together progressing from one book to the next? Or so you prefer to be able to pick up any book in a series and know it didn't really matter in which order you read them?

Leave a comment and thanks for your help.

Thought for a minute there spring had sprung. But winter snapped back for a last couple of bites. The better half tells me it's always like this in April. Appears I will never learn.

Hope you're having a good spring, or enjoying a final winter bite!    

No comments:

Post a Comment